Friday, January 18, 2008

BACK IN “CANADIA” – Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Forgot to publish this post! ooopsies. It is great to be back home- but I can’t say that I’m loving the weather! I got to skip winter last year since I left before it arrived- but this year I don’t think I will be so lucky. I can’t ever remember having so much snow so early in December!

My first week here was a little blurry since my jet-lag was so bad, but Brent sent me for a massage and facial my first day home to help me adjust! :) It was a pretty nice treat!! And I’m doing much better these days.

I didn’t do very much exciting for my first week home, but it worked out well since Brent was working all day (Monday-Friday) anyway. Speaking of Brent- you will all be happy to hear that Brent was accepted to all four masters programs that he applied to in Australia. He accepted his first choice (at the University of New South Wales) for a joint masters program in Health Management and Public Health. We are still waiting to see if they will give him a visa- and if they do he will be starting school in March! Keep your fingers crossed!

I have been surprisingly busy (even though I haven’t been doing anything very important) since I’ve been home. Brent and I went to a Rosedale Real estate Christmas party with Brent’s friend Mike, we have visited Dad and Norma’s new Condo in Collingwood and visited Norma’s family in Owen Sound. We’ve done lots of Christmas shopping, played lots of foosball and have done lots of errands. We also spent the last 4 days in Sudbury with Brent’s parents which was very nice and relaxing. This weekend coming is going to be VERY busy! We have Mom’s family party on Saturday, a birthday brunch for Brent on Sunday, a birthday dinner for Brent at Dad’s house on Sunday night (with Brent’s parents) and then the McLeod Christmas at Erin’s place on Monday. I’m getting ready to pack on the pounds :( .

No comments: