Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Monday, February 12, 2007

Today was the first day of school. For the most part it was pretty boring, but still exciting cause it was the first day! We had to sit through a lot of boring lectures that were a little repetitive and had welcomes from practically every faculty member at the university (or so it seemed). It was raining quite hard all day and fairly cold- not quite what I pictured the weather to be on my first day. We got lots of free food today- morning tea and muffins, mystery meat sausages for lunch, and then wine, beer, champagne, orange juice and hors d’ouerves when the day was over. I got a lot of free stuff by signing up for medical insurance stuff at booths set up around the lecture theatre.

Graffiti Lane on campus- Sadiq and Len.


I met a few Australians today, one guy from China and one from the UK. My group of friends still kinda stuck together though. After the wine and snacks four of us walked over to the mall and I bought a webcam and a few groceries. Stopped at Stuart’s rez on the way home to hang out with the other Canadians and then came home to set up my webcam. It is pretty neat! I’m very tired now- I haven’t had a full day like this in a while!

No comments: