Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I woke up at about 4am Sydney time today because of my jetlag (I assume). It actually ended up working out well though since I was able to make some phone calls to Canada at a reasonable time there!

At about 10am I went to an international student orientation with Sabiha (the dentistry girl). It was a pretty useful session because I met a handful of other Canadian medical students and we were given lots on information on living in Sydney (such as banking info, places to go and not to go, avoiding deadly spiders and snakes and to make sure to swim between the flags at the beach). It turns out that one of the other Canadian medical students was my lab partner at McGill in my 4th year.

I managed to get a lot done in the afternoon. Sabiha and I took the bus (which is SO expensive) downtown and explored china town for a bit. We did some cell phone research, opened bank accounts and I picked up some necessities like an alarm clock, some hangers, some cleaning supplies and some snacks.

I was very sad to hear that Brent’s 2nd application for his visa was denied today. We were obviously hoping that he would be coming soon, so this is going to delay things even longer. There are still some other options- but now he might not be here for a few months. I’m trying to stay as positive as possible, but sometimes it gets hard!

I miss you all. Wish you were here.

No comments: