Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sunday, February 11, 2007

I went to Ikea today with Sabiha. We took the bus and the train there and it took us about two hours (even though I think it should have been a 45 minute trip). I’m not sure Sabiha knew where she was taking us- but I can’t really blame her since I didn’t make a huge effort to figure it out either. Anyway, I got a lot of things there and I’m feeling much better about my apartment now. I got 4 lamps, a bedside table, some dishes, cutlery, a cutting board, a laundry basket, a garbage can and some cheap picture frames to put pictures of all of you up! (It is hot and humid here, so my pictures were starting to curl already!! I needed some frames.) I still need a few more little things that were out of stock, but I’ll head back another time. We took a cab home from Ikea (about $30 split in 2) so that we wouldn’t have to pay for a delivery.

In the evening we went for some free pizza and pop at the restaurant in our complex. It was pretty yummy, but didn’t really meet any new people there or anything.

I spent a few hours in the evening putting together my Ikea stuff and talking to Brent. Brent got a webcam that we can use over skype now and it is so amazing. It was so good to be able to see him. I think I’ll try to get one in the next few days as well.

Tomorrow is my first day of school and I’m actually pretty excited. I don’t think I’ve been excited for my first day of school since, maybe, Grade 5.

No comments: