Sunday, February 18, 2007

Saturday, February 17, 2007

I got back to my apartment (from the camping trip) at about 9am. I had a shower, ate some breakfast and then had a nap for about 45 minutes. It was hard to sleep cause it was really hot and bright in my room. So, I talked to Brent for a while on our webcams instead.

At about 2pm I walked over to Broadway to buy a toaster oven and run a few other errands. I got the cheapest one at Harvey Norman and got another $5 off cause it didn’t have a box. It still came to $55 though. Everything here is so expensive. I just can’t get used to it. After that, I went to Kmart to pick up a few school supplies. While I was in the stationary isle, I randomly ran into Brooke who was there looking for a notebook. She didn’t have anything to do, but didn’t want to go all the way home (on the North Shore), so she ended up coming with me. I grabbed some groceries at Coles and then we walked home through the campus. Brooke hasn’t got a place to live yet (she is temporarily living with her Dad’s cousin) so she is starting to get pretty desperate. When she first came to Sydney, she didn’t even want to consider where I am living cause she thought it was too expensive for student housing, but after looking around for places during the past 2 weeks I think she has realized that she is not going to do any better than this. I spent the whole time walking trying to convince her to come and live in my building. I think I had totally convinced her (especially after she saw my place) but when we went to apply online, it said there were no more studios available. She is still going to try to apply for a place on Monday, but I’m not sure she will get one. I think it would be really nice to have her in this building cause we get along really well. (She’s the one I had my lab at McGill with). She also has a boyfriend at home in Toronto- and we seem to have a lot in common. Her boyfriend might be moving into her parent’s house at the end of the month as well!! :)

Anyway, Brooke and I hung out at my apartment for a while and then went out for dinner with Bryan for some Thai food on King St. It was really good and fairly cheap, so we were happy. After dinner, we went to an on campus bar to another event held for 1st year med students. Most of the Canadians were there, but not that many Australians. I did meet a few really nice Australians though- which made me feel a little better about them since I wasn’t particularly impressed with the Aussies I met at the first year camp in Appin. (Hopefully they aren’t reading this blog!) I got home at around midnight (dead tired) and then fell asleep talking to Brent on the phone. Oooopsies. He he he

No comments: