Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Today was a pretty relaxed day. I slept in a little since I was up late the night before (waiting for Jamie to wake up in Montreal so he could help me with some computer problems- which he did!). I caught up on a little emailing and went to the Medical Book Store to buy some note sets and text books. At around noon, I went to my first PBL. It was a great session and I have an amazing tutor. There are 30 tutors for the med students but only 5 of them are actually MDs---and I got one! He is also the Dr. who teaches us anatomy in our classes, so he will be really great to have. His PBLs are going to be very clinical he says- but I think that’s an exciting way to start off my first Block (about 9 weeks). My group is also really great so I’m so happy about that. I’ve already heard some bad stories from other groups. This week we are dealing with heart attacks and chest pain- so in a week I think I will know quite a bit about it. After the PBL, I went to buy a printer from the mall and then took the bus home (without paying…accidentally! I’m glad I didn’t get caught).

I did a little grocery shopping in the afternoon and then went back to the Medical Book Store to buy my stethoscope (which I need for Monday). It is a Littmann classic II- which is a pretty basic one, but it should be just fine for school. Oh- and it’s purple! :) I also had to get a little flashlight/torch.

I went to King St. in Newtown tonight to get dinner with Sabiha. We went to get a burger and some salad since we both haven’t had much meat or vegetables since we’ve been here. I still only have my bar fridge and a mini microwave, so I have been mostly living off peanut butter and banana sandwiches and some yogurt.

I have decided to go on the camping trip tomorrow. It costs $45, but almost everyone I know is going- and they were bugging me about going too. We have lectures all day tomorrow and then we are leaving straight from there- so I won’t be home till sometime on Saturday! I’m not sure what to expect- but I’m really worried about what kind of bugs I’m gonna find (especially after that giant spider). I’ll write when I get back to Sydney!

No comments: