Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My last two days have been pretty relaxed (in terms of school work). Yesterday I had class from about 8am to 5pm, but I had 2 breaks throughout the day. I only had 3 lectures and the rest of the time was spent in a nutrition lab and then in my PBL. I still really like my PBL group and my tutor, but we always go WAY overtime and it ruins my plans for the rest of the day. Yesterday, we were supposed to finish at 3pm and we didn’t finish till after 5pm. We definitely learned a lot though (and it was interesting)!!

This morning I had a biochemistry lab for a few hours and then had the rest of the day off. I came home and made myself lunch in my new toaster oven. It was raining and thundering all afternoon- but stopped (mostly) by about 4pm. Bryan and I have wanted to find a pool to swim at for a while, so we decided that since we didn’t have much school today, that we would go looking! (Bryan is the guy from Calgary with lots of tattoos and everything- and he swam for Waterloo during his undergrad (Chemical Engineering) and went to Olympic Trials and Nationals and everything as well.) The pool we found is an outdoor 50m public pool in a park fairly close by (Victoria Park). Bryan was a good buddy to swim with since he hasn’t been in the water for a while either. We only swam a couple thousand meters- but it was good enough for our first time in the pool in a while. We decided to buy a 30-visit pass so that we can go a few times a week from now on. It is weird to be swimming outside at this time of year… especially when Brent was just telling me about him and his dad ice fishing a few hours earlier.

I’m starting to get a little bit homesick (I think it is sinking in that I’m stuck here for 4 years), but hopefully it will pass. Everything is so new right now and I think that it’s a good thing that I’ve been so busy- cause when I stop to think about everything it gets to be a little overwhelming.

1 comment:

Brent said...

I miss you and i am not getting used to it...love brent